Administrator of the Year Program and Scholarship Awards
2021 Administrators of the Year
Assistant Secondary Principal of the Year - Dan Phipps, Mason City
Central Office Administrator of the Year - TBA Spring 2021
Elementary Principal of the Year - TBA Spring 2021
Middle Level Principal of the Year - Zach Dillavou, Forest City
Secondary Principal of the Year - Brian Downing, Okoboji
Superintendent of the Year - Russ Adams, MOC-Floyd Valley
Award Nomination Process
- Nominations for 2022 awards are now open and due April 1, 2021. Review respective award criteria before submitting a nomination.
- SAI district officers will review all nominations received for their respective SAI district and submit one nominee per award category. Those nominees must then submit a formal application provided to them by June 30.
- A committee of peers will review the formal applications received in each award category, invite three finalists for an interview and select the award recipient.
- Recipients are recognized at the association's Annual Conference.
Guidelines for eligibility and the process for selecting each award's recipients
The official SAI district nominee's completed application must arrive at the SAI office by June 30 for all awards. (See nominations above.)
Listing of previous winners by category
SAI annually awards three scholarships to graduating seniors in the performing arts. The 2019-20 recipients are:
- Instrumentalist - Gwyn Chilcoat, a 2020 graduate of West Des Moines Valley High School, selected by the Iowa Bandmasters Association
- Vocalist - Eric Amundson, a 2020 graduate of West Des Moines Valley High School, selected by the Iowa Choral Directors Association
- Speaker - Swetha Tunuguntla, a 2020 graduate of Waukee High School, selected by the Iowa High School Speech Association