03/30/2017, 09:00 AM - 03/30/2017, 03:00 PM
An instructional leader’s work of coaching staff is challenging both intra-personally and inter-personally. How do we coach staff in an authentic way, work past resistance, push a change in practice and support the growth of the adults in our schools? The work requires a keen sense of effective instruction and psychological savvy. This session provides tools and strategies for administrators around genuine coaching conversations for growth.
Facilitator: Jennifer Abrams
Hosted at the SAI office and simulcast to four remote locations:
Credit: This is a Leaders of Learning session and can be bundled with two other Leaders of Learning sessions for a licensure renewal credit (3 workshops = 1 credit). Sessions that qualify:
- Getting Focused: Leadership Moves that Yield Results – Oct. 25, 2016
- Effective Facilitation for Productive Professional Learning and Meetings – Nov. 29, 2016
- Actualizing Focus: Leadership Moves that Promote Momentum – Feb. 23, 2017
- Coaching and Engaging Staff Authentically – How to Genuinely Work to Move Teaching Practice Forward - March 30, 2017
- Keeping Focus: Leadership Moves that Keep First Things First – April 25, 2017
- Focused Planning: Leadership Moves that Build Cohesion— June 20, 2017
- 4th Annual Leveraging Teacher Leadership Institute for Administrators and Teacher Leaders - Summer 2017
Cancellation: Notification must be by noon, Mon., March 27. Call (515) 267-1115 to let us know if you're unable to attend.