By becoming a member of School Administrators of Iowa, you can help us continue to build a strong and viable organization that represents more than 2,000 of Iowa's educational leaders. Join us to advance a quality preK-12 educational program in our state.
- Dr. Roark Horn, SAI Executive Director
2019-20 Membership Year
Renew your membership by logging in to the SAI member portal beginning May 1.
New members, complete this form and submit it to your business office for payment.
As a member organization, SAI depends on volunteers to help achieve its mission. Sign up to serve on a committee for 2019-20.
Consider the Value of SAI Membership
- Workshops bringing school administrators together to learn about pertinent topics facing Iowa schools
- Annual August conference, featuring national and local experts, and attracting over 1,200 participants
- Mentor program for new administrators
- Networking opportunities with your colleagues
- Legal assistance program — financial help for a member subject to adverse employment action ($500-$1,000 based on consecutive years of membership)
- Legal guidance from a full-time staff attorney on school law issues
- Review of handbook provisions
- Your voice is heard through our lobbying efforts in the Iowa legislature and with Iowans in Congress
- Monthly newsletter, SAI Report
- Legislative Briefs, a weekly update while the General Assembly is in session
SAI maintains a close working relationship with these national organizations:
- National Association of Elementary School Principals
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- American Association of School Administrators
- Mediation assistance for members experiencing job-related conflicts
- Salary information
- Review of individual contracts
- Consultation with professional staff who are attentive to members' needs and interests
- SAI website which can provide information seven days a week, 24 hours a day including:
- online learning seminars
- legal issues resources
- archived issues of the SAI Report