Apply for NAESP State Representative or NASSP State Coordinator position
NAESP State Representative: Principals who have primary supervisory responsibilities for any combination of grades PK-8 and are members of SAI and NAESP are eligible to run for NAESP State Representative.
NASSP State Coordinator: Principals who have primary supervisory responsibilities for any combination of grades 7-12 and are members of SAI and NASSP are eligible to run for NASSP State Coordinator.
The term of office is July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2025. The positions provide a link between the respective national organizations and SAI regarding mutual goals and issues of concern.
Responsibilities are to fulfill duties mandated by the: NAESP or NASSP bylaws; policy, affiliation agreements, or Delegate Assembly rules and procedures the respective board recommends; and SAI Rep. Council, in collaboration with SAI’s Executive Committee and executive director as an SAI liaison.
If you are interested in serving, please submit the following to Roark Horn by April 15 in two pages or fewer (format of your choice):
1. A brief summary of your educational background.
2. A brief outline of your professional career.
3. A listing of awards/honors you may have earned while serving in K-12 education.
4. A listing of your involvement with SAI and NAESP or NASSP (e.g. committees, offices held, etc.)
5. A brief statement as to why you want to serve in this office.
6. A brief statement as to why you should be selected for this office.
7. A signed statement from your superintendent that you may serve in this office if selected.
According to policy, the Executive Committee will select the two individuals at its May meeting.