February 28, 2020
Recognition is an acknowledgment of student, faculty, staff and community contributions to school/district success.
Nominate leaders who are making a difference in education. Awards are offered in eight categories:
• Arts Administrator (an advocate for fine arts in education)
• Assistant Elementary Principal
• Assistant Secondary Principal
• Central Office Administrator (to include AEA directors)
• Elementary Principal
• Middle Level Principal
• Secondary Principal
• Superintendent (to include AEA chief administrator)
How do I nominate someone? (Self-nominations are acceptable.)
Review eligibility criteria
Submit the online form no later than April 1, 2020
- From the nominations received, SAI district officers will select the district’s Administrator of the Year in each category. Those individuals will submit a four-page application and four letters of support to SAI by June 30, 2020.
- The respective SAI Administrator of the Year selection committees will narrow the field of nine possible district nominees to three finalists for interviews at the SAI office during the 2020-21 school year.
- A recipient will be selected as the 2021 Iowa Administrator of the Year in each category.
- Award recognition details are included with the selection criteria.
Questions regarding the process may be directed to Tracy Harms.