SAI Site Acceptable Use Policy
The goal of the SAI Blog is to promote thoughtful, well-reasoned dialogue among SAI members, SAI staff, and other guests to the SAI Blog. SAI therefore encourages readers of the SAI Member Blog to engage in respectful conversation with posters and other readers – as one would with individuals at a conference or in a classroom – through use of the blog’s “Comments” feature.
All comments are subject to monitoring and possible editing or removal from the SAI Blog, in accordance with the expectations set forth in this policy:
- The use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language is prohibited.
- Blog comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. The blog is not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
- The blog is not open to comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office or promoting or opposing any ballot proposition, unless a ballot proposition is posted as a topic of discussion by SAI staff.
- The blog is not open to the promotion or advertisement of a business or commercial transaction.
- Communications made on the SAI Blog will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to SAI or any official or employee of SAI for any purpose.
- Remember confidentiality requirements under state and federal law. Posts concerning students, parents, community members or school staff should not include sufficient information for readers to determine the identity of said individuals.
- Ensure that you are in compliance with your employer’s technology use policy before posting during work hours or at any time, if you are using one of your employer’s computers.
As always, disagreement with the opinions or arguments expressed in a post or in approved comments remains welcome and encouraged, and will not in and of itself serve as reason for a comment to be rejected. We also encourage shorter comments, as these seem to appeal to other readers. If you feel that your comment has been rejected in error or in non-accordance with the terms stated here, or that someone else’s comment(s) are in violation of this policy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
The comments and opinions expressed by users of this blog are theirs alone and do not reflect the opinions of SAI.
This blog use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.