“Helping administrators find their leadership-life fit”
- Improve overall health and well-being of school administrators by providing tools, strategies and guidance targeting the components of a healthy leadership-life fit.
- Promote networking among Iowa administrators in pursuit of the shared purpose of improving their overall health and well-being by providing both a personalized and team-based approach to support.
- Increase the efficacy, productivity, and creativity of Iowa administrators by promoting healthier habits and practices.
- Replace ineffective, unhealthy habits with new, effective behaviors for a lifetime of healthy living.
- 80 percent of adults don’t get enough activity/ only 3 percent are considered “fit”
- Low fitness is the strongest predictor of death
- Lifestyle accounts for 85 percent of the risk of having a chronic disease.
- Physical inactivity costs $150 billion a year — 15 percent of all health costs
- 36 percent of Iowans age 45-64 are obese
How to get involved in the 16-week challenge
Participants who are willing to be on a team to support each other on their SAI CatchLife journey may sign up during the summer of 2019. Participants will need to order and wear a Polar A370 fitness tracker for the length of the program.
The cost to a new participant is $140, which is the cost of the Polar A370 Fitness Tracker.
Learn more and sign up yourself and your team (information available this summer). A limited number of teams may participate during the timeframe, offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
CatchLife has been an incredible gift to our team. We are more intentional about making healthy choices and encouraging one another to achieve goals. Understanding each other's personal health goals gave us a deeper level of trust, which allowed us to grow together both professionally and personally.
~ Tara Estep, principal, Cedar Falls Elementary School
CatchLife is far more than a fitness program. CatchLife can be the catalyst your team has been looking for to grow personally and professionally. At Pella, we were able to improve our fitness, and more importantly, we were able to establish much stronger relationships with each other. We plan to continue as an administrative team as well as expand to our entire staff.
~ Josh Manning, principal, Pella Middle School
I could go on for hours about how the CatchLife program has impacted me. Most importantly, I learned I must take time for me because the happier and healthier I am the better I will be for the people I serve. I have loved having a team behind me because it reminds me I am not alone on this journey.
~ Cathy DeBondt, principal, East Marshall Elementary School
Your SAI CatchLife Director
Learn more about SAI CatchLife director and team leader Rick Schupbach.
Contact CatchLife Director Rick Schupbach