Superintendent of the Year Award
1. The individual should have been an on-line superintendent or AEA chief administrator for at least five years (includes experience as an associate/assistant superintendent).
2. The individual should be currently serving as a superintendent or AEA chief administrator in a school district or AEA where a commitment to excellence is clearly evident. This includes serving in the same position the award year for which s/he is recognized, i.e. to be nominated as a 2017 Superintendent of the Year, by June 30, 2016, the individual must be a superintendent or AEA chief administrator for the 2016-17 school year.
3. There should be evidence of outstanding contributions to the well being of the educational community including:
4. The individual should show a strong commitment to the profession by active participation in professional activities. (Membership in SAI and AASA is a prerequisite for this award.)
5. There should be evidence that the individual is respected by his/her colleagues and the community at large.
NOTE: No current SAI Executive Committee member (president, president-elect, vice president or past president) or AASA board member is eligible for this award.